- 5 x Bramley cooking apples peeled cored and sliced
- 1 x 250g pack unsalted butter chopped into 1 cm squares
- 3 tbsps demerara sugar
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 325 grams plain flour
- 1 x thumb size piece of ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x peeler
- 1 x small sharp knife
- 1 x grater
- 1 x baking dish
- 1 x scales
- 2 x mixing bowls
- 1 x colander or sieve
- When cutting the apples put the slices in a bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon.
- With your fingers mix the flour, butter and brown sugar until they resemble bread crumbs.
- In a baking tray put the drained apple slices in and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the top of the apples and cook in a moderate oven (150ºc) for 45-60 minutes until the crumble is golden.