Your fundraising efforts go a long way towards supporting our mission to raise awareness, give support and seek a cure for Stargardt’s disease.
There are some easy ways for everyone to get involved and it doesn’t matter how big or small your contribution – every little bit helps and is appreciated!
You can of course donate here on the website – and if you are able, don’t forget to Gift Aid! Every time you Gift Aid, Stargardt’s Connected gets an extra 25% on top of your donation at no cost to you.
You can now shop online at your favourite stores and raise money for Stargardt’s Connected!
Stargardt's Connected is registered with easyfundraising, which means you can raise FREE donations for us every time you shop online. Over 4,000 shops and sites will donate to us when you use easyfundraising to shop with them – at no extra cost to yourself!
It’s completely FREE and only takes a moment to sign up. You can find our easyfundraising page at: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stargardtsconnected/.
This is Amazon’s charity giving site. Amazon Smile offers exactly the same products, prices and services as regular Amazon, but every time you make a purchase on Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) straight to us.
Simply log in to Amazon with your existing account and then click on this link to start your shopping: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1183570-0
Whether you are walking, running, cycling, flying or anything else in between – no matter how physical or leisurely - why not get it sponsored and raise money for Stargardt’s Connected on our JustGiving page: https://justgiving.com/stargardtsconnected.
JustGiving is also a great way to give if you just simply want to donate, celebrate an occasion, pay tribute or take on a personal challenge!
You can raise money by doing just about anything you enjoy or would challenge you. Why not:
- Have a cake sale/coffee morning
- Hold a jumble sale/car boot sale
- Have a dress down day at work or at school
- Have a sponsored event at a local sports club
- Hold a raffle
- Organise a quiz night
Or why not run your own local events based around some of our Stargardt’s Connected activities or Stargardt’s disease:
- Hold your own Stargardt’s Connected Picnic in the Park
- Have a Goalball tournament
- Be sponsored to wear sunglasses for the day
- Run your own cooking session / competition
- Run an art and craft session
Awareness and observance days
Sometimes holding an activity or event on a particular awareness or observance day of the year can be a great way to generate enthusiasm and grab people’s attention. There are a number of day relevant to Stargardt’s Connected you might want to consider:
- 29th February – Rare Disease Day
- 19-20th March – World Optometry Day
- 7th April – World Health Day
- 25th April – DNA Day
- July – Ultraviolet Safety Awareness Month *
- 27th June – International Sunglasses Day
- August – Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month *
- 5th September – International Day of Charity
- 14-20th September – Jeans for Genes Day
- 21-27th September – National Eye Health Week
- 8th October – World Sight Day
* USA observances
We would love to hear about your fundraising activities. If you’re planning to fundraise for Stargardt’s Connected, let us know so we can help promote what you are doing and spread the word on our website, social media channels and via our newsletter. Contact us on: [email protected].