Your fundraising efforts go a long way towards supporting our mission to raise awareness, give support and seek a cure for Stargardt’s disease.
There are some easy ways for everyone to get involved and it doesn’t matter how big or small your contribution – every little bit helps and is appreciated!
You can of course donate here on the website – and if you are able, don’t forget to Gift Aid! Every time you Gift Aid, Stargardt’s Connected gets an extra 25% on top of your donation at no cost to you.
You can now shop online at your favourite stores and raise money for Stargardt’s Connected!
Stargardt's Connected is registered with easyfundraising, which means you can raise FREE donations for us every time you shop online. Over 4,000 shops and sites will donate to us when you use easyfundraising to shop with them – at no extra cost to yourself!
It’s completely FREE and only takes a moment to sign up. You can find our easyfundraising page at: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stargardtsconnected/.
This is Amazon’s charity giving site. Amazon Smile offers exactly the same products, prices and services as regular Amazon, but every time you make a purchase on Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) straight to us.
Simply log in to Amazon with your existing account and then click on this link to start your shopping: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1183570-0
Whether you are walking, running, cycling, flying or anything else in between – no matter how physical or leisurely - why not get it sponsored and raise money for Stargardt’s Connected on our JustGiving page: https://justgiving.com/stargardtsconnected.
JustGiving is also a great way to give if you just simply want to donate, celebrate an occasion, pay tribute or take on a personal challenge!
You can raise money by doing just about anything you enjoy or would challenge you. Why not:
- Have a cake sale/coffee morning
- Hold a jumble sale/car boot sale
- Have a dress down day at work or at school
- Have a sponsored event at a local sports club
- Hold a raffle
- Organise a quiz night
- Take part in Stoptober: no alcohol for October to raise money for charity
- Take part in Movember: grow a moustache during November to raise money for charity
- Use New Year resolutions to raise money for charity: e.g. Dry January, Ginuary, Veganary etc
Or why not run your own local events based around some of our Stargardt’s Connected activities or Stargardt’s disease:
- Hold your own Stargardt’s Connected Picnic in the Park
- Have a Goalball tournament
- Be sponsored to wear sunglasses for the day
- Run your own cooking session / competition
- Run an art and craft session
Awareness and observance days
Sometimes holding an activity or event on a particular awareness or observance day of the year can be a great way to generate enthusiasm and grab people’s attention. There are a number of days relevant to Stargardt’s Connected you might want to consider:
- January 4th: International Braille Day
- January 18th: Blue Monday
- February 28th: Rare Disease Day
- March: National Save Your Vision Month
- March 1st-5th: National Carers Week
- March 4th: World Book Day
- March 8th: International Women's Day
- March 14th: Mothers Day
- March 23rd: World Optometry Day
- April 7th: World Health Day
- April 25th: Guide Dog Day
- April 25th: National DNA Day
- May: Health Vision Month
- May 9th-15th: National Women's Health Week
- May 21st: Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- June: Audio Book Month
- June 1st-6th: Volunteers Week
- June 14th-19th: Small Charity Week
- June 14th-20th: Nutrition and Hydration Week
- June 20th: Fathers Day
- June 21st-27th: Macular Week
- June 27th: International Sunglasses Day
- July: Ultraviolet Safety Awareness Month *
- August: Children's Eye Health and Safety Month *
- August 1st-7th: International Assistance Dog Week
- August 16th-20th: Contact Lens Health Week
- September 5th: International Day of Charity
- September 20th: Jeans for Genes Day
- September 20th-26th: National Eye Health Week
- October 14th: World Site Day
- October 15th: White Cane Awareness Day
- November 1st-5th: Trustees Week
- November 4th: Purple Tuesday
- December 3rd: International Day for People with Disabilities
* USA observances
We would love to hear about your fundraising activities. If you’re planning to fundraise for Stargardt’s Connected, let us know so we can help promote what you are doing and spread the word on our website, social media channels and via our newsletter. Contact us on: [email protected].